Fujitsu is currently looking for a System Architect Automation IoT for a client in the railway sector, Infrabel
Working Hours: Full-time (Onsite 2d/w) - Telework (3d/w)
Experience: + 10 years (Expert)
Desired Start Date: 20-01-2024
Duration : 880 days
Languages: Mandatory Dutch or French (C2) and English (B2)
Within the ICT Directorate, the ICT Networks department creates, installs, and manages secure and reliable IT and telecommunications networks for data transmission. The department is also responsible for the implementation and integration of numerous security systems such as camera surveillance, building access control, fire and intrusion protection, and automatic alarm scenario management. Within this department, the "Traffic Information, Security, and Safety Networks" department is looking for a "System Architect Automation & Internet of Things (IoT)" to strengthen its current team, "ICT114 System Automation," which consists of about fifteen employees. This dedicated team includes both project managers and technical experts and realizes integrated technical systems that contribute to the safety and security of Infrabel's railway tunnels. Typical techniques to be implemented include distributed automation architecture and a SCADA system for the control and automatic management of various tunnel technical installations (such as fire detection, lighting, ventilation, train location, evacuation systems, camera surveillance, intrusion detection, etc.) and the integration of these technical installations into a control room for remote management. Additionally, the ICT Networks department builds communication systems used by train drivers and emergency services (GSM-R, ASTRID, emergency phones), as well as the necessary supervision systems (camera surveillance, intrusion detection, etc.).
Your mission as a system architect is to perform the functional and technical requirements analysis for our Industrial IoT projects, develop the system architecture based on this analysis, monitor the implementation of this system architecture, and ensure its qualitative delivery and maintenance. Your mission covers the entire system lifecycle, from the concept phase to the delivery and maintenance phase, including the design and implementation phase. The role of the system architect includes the following responsibilities:
Preliminary Study & Analysis:
- Perform requirements analysis in collaboration with the project manager and project stakeholders (defining the required system functionalities).
- Prepare specifications describing the requirements (both functional and technical).
- Investigate how to achieve the requested requirements (design of the technical architecture, designing and developing workflows and supporting processes).
- Market research and negotiation with potential suppliers.
- Analysis and evaluation of offers for system implementation.
- After selecting the supplier: oversee the implementation study and coach the supplier.
- Monitor the implementation process.
- In-house system development is also an option, with the choice made during the design phase based on project context and available options.
- Verify and/or create test plans that ensure compliance with the implementation and design.
- Organize and oversee testing.
- Review and evaluate the supplier's "As Built" dossier.
- Provide technical reports to project management and/or team members.
You have a Master's or Bachelor's degree in a technological field with more than 10 years of IT experience or equivalent experience in process control systems.
Technical Skills (Mandatory):
- Strong knowledge of standard office software: Visio, Excel, Word, SharePoint, MS Project.
- Knowledge of drawing software such as Autocad, Eplan, etc.
- Experience with networks (TCP/IP network protocols, DNS, DHCP), firewalls, and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of virtualization (e.g., VMWare).
- Knowledge of databases (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle).
- Strong knowledge and experience with OT systems, Industry 4.0 concepts, and IEC62443 standards.
- Expert knowledge of PLC systems, both hardware and software design (Codesys, Siemens, Allen Bradley PLCs), including integration with MES.
- Strong knowledge of Scada and HMI systems.
- Knowledge of instrumentation.
- Strong knowledge of industrial bus systems and communication protocols (Profibus, Profinet, Modbus, Devicenet, Controlnet, LON, OPC UA).
- Experience with (near) real-time data applications, including various data/video and network protocols (unicast, multicast, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of various standards and standardizations, such as SIL, HAZOP, G(A)MP, RAMS.
- Strong knowledge of ISA88 and ISA95 standards.
- Strong knowledge of machine directives.
- Knowledge of controls (frequency drives).
- Experience or affinity with tunnel safety systems and procedures (Infrabel train), such as OPI (Overpressure Installation), RWA (Smoke and Heat Exhaust), signaling coupling, is a plus.
- Analytical thinking
- Written communication
- Oral communication
- Knowledge sharing
Note: Availability for on-call duty when required.