First contract until the end of 2023 (extensions possible)
Language requirements: NL, FR + EN
Hybrid: 3 days onsite/week
The Senior BI Developer plays a key role in the development of data analytics solutions (data warehouses, data marts) for NIHDI (INAMI-RIZIV).
The Senior BI Developer sits within the central Data Office which is a central organization providing data services across the different NIHDI business lines. He/she works in an agile scrum team in close collaboration with the Project Leader, Data Functional Analysts and other BI developers.
As a Technical Lead, he/she coaches the other teams members for all technical aspects and has a close contact with the Data Architect.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Translate business, functional and data architectural requirements provided by the Data Functional Analyst and the Data Architect into technical specifications.
• Design, build, deploy and maintain BI solutions according to established standards (data processing, data warehouse, data marts) in accordance with the functional and non-functional requirements (performance, data volume).
• Coach the scrum team members on development and architectural standards
• Supervise releases and provide first line support for technical issues
• Work in close collaboration with the Data Architect
• Test the analytics solution, conduct troubleshooting, provide maintenance and adequate technical documentation.
• Create visualizations and reports for requested projects in Power BI or SSRS.
• Conduct prototype reviews and demo’s including training on the data model to the business users.
• Works with the Project Leader (PL) along the entire project lifecycle to ensure appropriate delivery in an agile and pragmatic approach.
• Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a BI Developer in the Microsoft BI stack (Visual Studio, SSIS, SSAS, SSMS)
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
• Strong Data modelling experience (logical and physical modelling)
• Good experience in data warehouse design (Kimball dimensional modelling)
• Very good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server (from a development perspective)
• Excellent Knowledge of SQL queries, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• Good understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
• Experience in visualization tool such as Microsoft Power BI and SSRS.
• Experience in master and reference data integration and usage is a plus
• Experience in data functional analysis is a plus
• Experience in working in an agile project mode is a plus
• Experience in C# scripting is a plus
• Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
• Strong technical skills
• Go-getter profile
• Ability to translate business needs into technical solutions
• Pragmatic approach and delivery focus
• Team player with an ability to work in a collaborative spirit within a transversal organization
• Perseverance, stress resistant and flexibility
• Like to learn and open-minded
Job description summary
As a senior BI Developer you will be in charge of understanding and translating the business and functional requirements into technical specifications, collaborate in the definition of the data model (logical and physical) and implement an efficient BI solution using the Microsoft stack (SSIS / SSAS).
SSIS, SSAS, SQL Server, Power BI, T-SQL, Agile Scrum